Saturday 25 April 2015

Poetry: Highlights by Kat Lucas



Highlights
By Kat Lucas



Pink is the color of embarrassment and shame,


After a recit turns out plainly wrong or simply lame.

Blue books are constantly sought before a test,

Sometimes I find one a shade prettier than the rest.

Green is what I see outside the classroom window,

Green for the garden that continues to sink down low.

Yellow pad, upon which notes are writ,

And yellow sticky notes to remind me bit by bit.

Purple is the color of a lofty goal once alive,

Then shot down by my very first five.

Orange, what my fingers become while pigging out

On cheesy junk food during a study bout.



These are but some highlights of my past years,

Highlights of my dreams and hopes and fears.

Highlights of what have passed and what will come,

Highlights of this and that and then some.

0 comments:

Post a Comment